Villa Milada revisited
The villa with the poetic name Milada was built by Mr. Neumann, who was probably the owner of a horticulture business before the Second World War for 900 thousand CZK in Pelc Tyrolka. The Neumanns did not lose their house in 1945 or 1948 and lived here with assigned tenants until 1979. Then the officials from the Directorate of School Construction came up with the idea that they need the villa and the land around as a base for the planned construction site for the MATFYZ UK university dormitories, which is that scary block of flats right next door. Although the Neumanns appealed to the court and postponed the construction for about a year, they were finally forced to sell the the villa for 60,000 crowns. The Directorate of School Construction then used the building until 1988 and then left it to decay. It is said that Satanists used to gather in the interiors. In 1997 or 98, the ten-year-abandoned building was occupied by squatters, and in February 2008, 15 people and 6 animals allegedly lived here. On June 30, 2009, the day when the house was re-registered in the real estate register, it was forcibly cleared by the security service amid much media attention and the roof was destroyed as a precaution so that the building could be rehabilitated. Today, Villa Milada is the property of Charles University which alegedly has no other plans for it than to demolish it for good.
The podcast was created during an impromptu expedition that happened instead of a program within the event Zabydli jungli with a lecture by Mr. A.Novák and Mr. Michal Lehečka, who, of actually did not arrived.