Concert near the pool in Barrandov
Fragment from sound performance of a Shluk. The collective is researching sonic terrains in the Czech Republic, especially those affected by anthropophonic noise, contributing or causing global warming (such as power plants, public and individual transport or concrete production). The basis for the concert were the recordings from the surroundings of the close Barrandov Bridge. Using sensors measuring the bridge vibration and other sound pollution, created a material, which was recycled at the former swiming pool.
The concert was part of the film, which documents events with artistic-social-ecological overlaps and will offer a critical comment to the development of Prague and struggle for the citisens rights to the city.
The sport area under the restaurant Barrandov cliff was opened in 1930. From the swimming pool, stairs and cable car led up to the buildings. in 1938 Sydney Morrell wrote that it was"... the most beatiful swimming pool in Europe". It was open for public before noon and in the afternoon and evening for swimming races. In addition to the pool with racing railways and jump tower, there were also a paddling pool, ten tennis courts, yachts and canoes, a beach a pontoon clubhouse, basketball and volleyball playground. Up to 4,000 spectators fited there. The swimming pool was closed for the public allegedly in 1955 and in 89 it was restituated by the Havel family. It is owned by Dagmar Havlová.