Springs of Petřín with fairies and birds
The Petřín springs, with a sculpture of sea lion, fill the Upper Pond and run down to the Lower Pond. The springs are mostly underground and the water can be heard through the manhole covers. Above the Upper Pond there are two small water reservoirs and next to them, a shrine, in fact a sundial, as well as a plague column dating from 1686. Originally it was erected in Zižkov near the church of Saint Prokop. At the beginning of the 20th century, when councilors wanted to change Kinský park into an open-air museum of ethnography, it was tranferred here.
The recordings are made in several places along the way up from Kinsky Palace to the pond and then mixed together.